It’s a Month of Love Beginning with the Statement Necklace

January is a time for reflection and planning for me. And it was great. I promise to share. We’ll begin with “It’s a Month of Love” theme for February as I share posts of things that I love all month.

Delta Moxie Month of Love

To kick this off, I love a necklace. To be more specific, I love a statement necklace.

Here are just a couple from my collection. The one on the left is Grande from J. Crew. I read reviews on other blogs that the Grande was a little too much, but for me it’s just right for any occasion…even a Super Bowl Party. I love this necklace.

Delta Moxie, Rural Resourceful Sparkle, statement necklace, Lake Village, Arkansas, Lake Chicot, Chicot County, Southeast Arkansas

In the photo on the right I’ve combined two statement necli (plural for more than one necklace). The J. Crew Venus Flytrap (the crystal necklace) is a go-to necklace for me.

I love you, statement necklace. Do you wear statement necklaces? Which one is your favorite?

Arent’t you excited about February? Me, too.

17 comments

1. katharinetrauger says:

You know, I started to say to myself, “No, I don’t where statement necklaces,” but that was because I wasn’t thinking.
    Although the necklaces I wear are small, they do make statements in my own way. I have one gold snake chain onto which I’ve strung all five baby rings from my infant offspring. I always wear it on big family occasions, such as Thanksgiving, or weddings.
    The other I almost always wear when out with my husband–a collection of several rubies he gave me for our 40th anniversary. I just love it and the statement it makes about his excitement and our longevity.

• Delta Moxie says:

katharinetrauger, I love the description of your necklaces. What incredibly sentimental pieces you have…perfect statement necklaces. I can’t believe you’ve been married 40 years. That necklace sounds exquisite. Thank you so much for sharing the story of your necklaces.

2. Lisa says:

You inspire me to wear my triple strand of pearls more often. If you hear tale of a lady wandering Little Rock wearing yoga pants and pearls, blame yourself.

3. Ashley says:

I own two necli. A strand of pearls and a simple little silver Arkansas. I love bold statement pieces, but I’m too scared to actually put one around my own neck…

• Delta Moxie says:

Ashley, I know you are so active. You can do a lot in a statement necklace, but I probably wouldn’t run a marathon in them…or maybe I would. Anyway, the best way to try it out is at event where a friend brings a bunch of options and makes you wear one, two or three in a safe, comfortable environment. Baby steps. Thanks for stopping by!

4. Lana says:

I love necklaces, I love necli (so perfect I’m stealing it), and pretty much all jewelry of any sort. I think my favorite statement necklaces right now are an antique chandelier crystal necklace I made back in the summer and my personal take on the bubble necklace with a necklace I made about a month ago.

And also pearls of any shape, form, fashion, or length are perfect for any occasion. Even feeding horses. Not that I’ve ever done that. ;)

• Delta Moxie says:

Lana, Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I saw the leaf necklace you created. LOVE! You are so creative. And that bubble necklace…gorgeous! I love all of them. Do you sell them or do you make them for yourself? Throw some of those together and you’ve got necli! (although your creations are beautiful alone).

Yay, for necli love!

• Lana says:

Thank you so much! Once upon a time I had a little etsy store and am in the process of trying to get everything together to reopen. Thanks again!

5. Bruu says:

The Grande is just amazing. I love it!!! I get most of my pieces from a little facebook shop (they are more affordable and they have great pieces) They don’t have the Grande but I’m sure you will be impressed with some of their necklaces . If you want to give it a try go to http://www.facebook.com/kiwiishop.